Simon Harris - Director
Registered Valuer, FNZIV, FPINZ, B.Ag.Com
Specialising in all forms of rural valuation throughout the Bay of Plenty and peripheral areas.
Also involved in:
- Property acquisition
- Property disposal/management of sales
- Property management
- Rural sector budgets and feasibility reports
- Bachelor of Agricultural Commerce (Valuation and Farm Management)
- Registered Valuer (March 1984)
- Affiliate of Real Estate Institute of New Zealand and Certified Real Estate Sales Person
- Fellow of New Zealand Institute of Valuers, Fellow Member Property Institute of New Zealand
Experience and Employment History
1989-Current - Property Solutions (BOP) Limited - Director, Registered Valuer. My work entails rural and urban valuation but with emphasis on the rural sector including investment analysis, consultancy, management and valuation work for investors/farmers/orchardists and appraisal work for financiers.
1986-1989 - Employed by the Bank of New Zealand Corporate Banking Division in Auckland as a Corporate Executive. The position entailed the Review and Analysis of Corporate Borrowing Requirements including financial forecasting and security assessments to enable appraisal of customer’s funding needs.
Resigned from the bank in September 1989 and returned to Tauranga joining the firm of Burke Harris & Associates (formerly Burke Andrew & Associates) now known as Property Solutions (BOP) Limited.
1984-1986 - Resigned from the Rural Bank to travel overseas throughout South America, Europe and Asia.
1981-1984 - Employed by the Rural Banking and Finance Corporation as an appraiser in Tauranga. My primary role was the assessment of valuation of security available, viability of the business and management. A large portion of the work carried out in Tauranga was related to the horticultural industry.
1981 - Graduated Lincoln University
Previous and Current Assignments Include
- Project Manager of commercial development site in inner city, handling property purchase, developer/land owner partnership and the overseeing of the total project for the owners
- Investment analysis and valuation work for corporate kiwifruit investors
- Advice to lenders on valuation and disposal options of rural property
- Management of sale of rural property including a number of large orchards under statutory management. My role involved the assessment of values, implementation of marketing and promotional programmes, the liaison with real estate agents and solicitors and regular reporting and monitoring on sale progress and market conditions with the object of maximising net realisation to our clients
- The financial and physical management of orchard and cropping farm and contracting business, employed to manage all aspects of the operation with view to controlling an orderly sell down of all assets to ensure maximum equity return to the owners
- Employed in a similar capacity to that directly above to manage the on farm and financial operations of a local dairy farm and control the sale of the farm
- I have managed both residential and currently commercial property in Tauranga
- Have prepared detailed business plans associated with commercial and rural development projects including cost benefit analysis, budgets, and summary overview of the project
- Advice to clients in terms of subdivision and sale options with a view to maximising both equity and or capital growth
- Have been employed by both corporate and individual clients to negotiate sale and purchase of various properties
- Undertaking valuations on large orchard enterprises from Hawkes Bay, Bay of Plenty and in Kerikeri
- Undertaking valuations on a number of large scale dairy, sheep and cattle, and orchard enterprises
- Involved in successful negotiation of several properties for local Council purchasing land for Public Reserves
- Involved in negotiation of numerous land purchases under the Public Works Act for Territorial Authority
- Acting for Crown in negotiation and valuation of land purchasers under Public Works Act associated with Tauranga Eastern Motorway
- Acting as Financial Advocate for financially pressured kiwifruit growers.
Major Corporate and Government Clients
- NZ Transport Agency
- Ministry of Education
- Western Bay of Plenty District Council
- Tauranga City Council
Previously Chairman of the Tauranga Branch of the New Zealand Institute of Valuers.
Previous Chairman of the Board of Trustees at Pillans Point primary school.
Golf, tennis and kayaking.